The Grid + program was recently launched in Europe to give high level support to the EEGI (Electricity Grid Initiative) over the next three years.
The project, which costs 3.94 billion euros, brings together a team of top level players which include SME’s,universities and research centres, and works closely with the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity and the European Distribution Systems Operators for Smart Grids.
The Grid+ program is coordinated by Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico (RSE SpA) of Italy.
The participants include :
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Spain)
- Bacher Energie (Switzerland)
- Association Europeenne de l’Industrie des Equipements et des Services de Transmission et de Distribution d’Electricite (Belgium)
- Technofi (France)
- Sintef Energi (Norway)
- Zabala Innovation Consulting (Spain)
- Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal (Austria)
- Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek (Belgium)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium).